The JDA is an agency of the City of Johannesburg which stimulates and supports areabased economic development initiatives throughout the Johannesburg metropolitan area in support of Joburg 2040. As development manager of these initiatives, JDA coordinates and manages capital investment and other programmes involving both public and private sector stakeholders. The following position is available for an achievement-oriented individual with initiative and a commitment to give substance to this vision.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Reporting to the Senior Manager: Human Capital Operations & Talent Management the role will coordinate, implement, maintain, and review the payroll processing function to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Process information on the payroll system in accordance with HR policy and procedures and within the required timeframe.
- Verify that the mandatory fields have been completed.
- Recover and monitor debt for any salary overpayments.
- Obtain approval from the Senior Manager to run the payroll, exporting payslips onto payroll system.
- File and maintain reports after the
monthly payroll run has closed.
- Verify the timeous receipt of all time sheets, payroll changes, records and other related material prior to close of payroll run.
- Liaise with Finance for the processing of payments to 3rd parties and adhere to timeframes for the forwarding of the relevant statutory documentation.
- Maintain a filing system of all pay records, associated time-keeping data, statistics, leave records and related information in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Provide input into payroll policies, procedures and processes, and monitor compliance therein.
- Review payroll manuals, system manuals and training manuals and make recommendations to Senior Manager to improve content.
- Liaise with service providers on benefit administration i.e. requesting for and receiving medical aid and retirement information and administer the Pension / Provident Fund portals.
- Prepare the SARS amount based on payroll system.
- Maintain integrity of the payroll system at all times and make recommendations on system enhancements and / or maintenance to ensure payroll best practice and system efficiency.
- Input into the preparation of quarterly statistics in collaboration with the Senior Manager.
- Backup payroll reports and any relevant information and save on the server at the end of every month.
- Provide support during the audit process and ensure availability of the necessary payroll related documentation.
Payroll Query Handling:
- Address all payroll queries in accordance with HR policy and procedures and within the allocated timeframe. This includes queries regarding medical aid, retirement, pay slips, garnishing
- Assist employees with completing and submitting claim forms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum National Diploma in Human Resource Management or Payroll Administration or similar (NQF Level 6)
- Extensive knowledge of SAP and VIP payroll systems
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in payroll processing & payroll administration
- Sound knowledge applicable HR and Tax legislation
- Sound knowledge of Remuneration Best Practice
- Sound knowledge of the HR industry
- Advanced MS Word and EXCEL skills
- Valid unendorsed code EB driver’s license
Please email a detailed CV in MS Word format to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 21 NOVEMBER 2021
These are permanent employment contracts. JDA offers a market-related salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Correspondence will be with short-listed candidates only. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Johannesburg Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and position will be filled in line with its EE targets.