Facilitation of Private Sector Westgate Precinct: Inner City Mixed-use Development
- Westgate, an area of some 94 hectares, is in one of the city’s oldest suburbs, Ferreirasdorp. Some 634 000m2 of land is available to be developed, largely into mixed-use functions (retail, commercial rights and residential). It is also some of the last remaining greenfield and underdeveloped land in the inner city.
- The Iprop Land has recently been sold.
- Westgate precinct – Inner City.
- The City identified Westgate as a strategic priority area for intervention as part of the Inner City Urban Design and Implementation Plan adopted in 2009.
- Previously obstacles to development have been undermining, resulting in land that needs to be filled, the unavailability of electricity to the area.
Share this page. Choose your platform!