The Johannesburg Development Agency is an agency of the City of Johannesburg which stimulates and supports area-based economic development initiatives throughout the Johannesburg metropolitan area in support of GDS 2040.
The following position is available for an achievement-oriented individual with initiative and a commitment to give substance to this vision.
This is a 5-year fixed-term performance-based contract. JDA offers a market related salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Purpose of the position: The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership to the organisation by working with the Board of Directors and the executive team, to establish long term strategy, business plans and funding model for the JDA. This will include developing an understanding of the internal and external environment and applying a business approach to effectively strategise the long-term positioning of the JDA. Provides leadership and management to ensure the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
- Strategically manage the business and employ turnaround strategies to ensure and sustain JDA’s economic, social and financial benefit to the City of Johannesburg.
- Lead and manage the production of short-, medium- and long-term plans and strategies for the JDA, to give effect to national and provincial government objectives, the City of Joburg’s Growth and Development Strategy, and the aspirations of the citizens of Johannesburg.
- Manage the development, implementation and review of the corporate strategy and business plan to ensure that strategic, operational, and business planning is aligned to the JDA’s objectives.
- Develop a financial business model to ensure long-term sustainability of the business.
- Ensure that all JDA capital projects are delivered inline with project plans and in a manner that is sustainable and successfully regenerates the areas.
- Analysing urban development trends and the implications for City of Johannesburg.
- Manage the performance of the organisation and the human capital to ensure JDA’s objectives are met.
- Champion organizational compliance and corporate governance leadership.
- Lead transformation through change management programmes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (Government, business, and communities) so that the JDA is well promoted and able to deliver on its stated outcomes.
- Serve as Accounting Officer of the organisation in terms of the Municipal Finance Management Act and take full financial responsibility.
- A minimum of master’s degree in business administration, Commerce, built environment or any related field is required (NFQ level 9).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior/executive management role, an experience in urban development or local government would be an added advantage.
- A record of success at senior level in achievement of operations and delivery of programmes with and through partners in public, private and community sectors.
- Knowledge and experience with management of diverse development projects preferably in an urban setting in the public sector.
- Understanding of local, provincial, and national government environment.
- Understanding of financial management and track record in managing human capital.
- A thorough understanding of the Johannesburg economy and development trends, at an area specific level.
PLEASE EMAIL A DETAILED CV IN MS WORD FORMAT TO: CEO1@JDA.ORG.ZA
CLOSING DATE: 14 NOVEMBER 2021
Correspondence will be with short-listed candidates only. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Johannesburg Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer and position will be filled in line with its EE targets.